With all the competition on the Internet it is very hard to make your site stand out. How to you get people to visit your site? The key is in the backlinks to your site. Backlinks tell the search engines just how important your site is, and if you do not have buy backlinks, the search engines will just think your site is not that important.
Things to remember when building backlinks:
- Never make your linking campaign look unnatural, by that I mean, 10-20 backlinks per day should be you maximum.
- Only link to relevant sites and do not spam them when you find them.
- Do not link to sites that have more than 15 backlinks on them already.
- If you link to blogs or forums, make relevant comments and posts.
Now that we have that out of the way we can go to the different ways to build those sought after backlinks. First we will start with the easiest and them move over to the harder part.
1. Submit your website to as many listing directories you can find. If you do a quick search on Google, you will find multiple free directories to submit to. You should submit to the major search engines as well (Google, Yahoo, Bing).
2. Participate in Link exchanges. This is a tricky one as Google can get very suspicious about link exchanges. You should only exchange links with sites in the same niche as yours and not to much. Remember, links from your site to other site mean nothing to your rankings.
3. Provide quality content to your readers. As soon as you get your first visitors you will want to keep them coming back, and if your site has quality content on it they will naturally link back from their own sites.
4. Publish articles to sites like EzineArticles and HubPages and well, any article submission sites you can find. The more quality articles you publish, the more quality visitors will visit and in every article you can put up to buy backlinks.
5. Create a RSS feed for your site. Submit your site to as many RSS sites. Every time you post a new article your RSS feed will update and will be updated on all the submission sites.
6. The hardest of them all is publishing to forums. You need to make relevant posts to forums and your post can easily be deleted if it looks like spam. The search engines crawl these sites vigorously and your site will be indexed quickly after a successful post.